Monday, February 16, 2009

Scrubbed, rubbed & loved

I heart Valentine’s Day. I know a lot of folks feel it’s a bullshit made-up holiday for women. Maybe it is. But while the flowers and the candy are nice, the best part of my Valentine’s Day was being loved.

I’m sorry I’m going to brag, I’m forewarning you now. I had the f@#%ing best V-Day. Yes, I got flowers but I’d skip them next year and every year after that if Maverick will continue V-Day like this past one. We had plans to go out for dinner but nixed them to stay home instead. I cooked him a lovely meal. Then he spoiled me with love. He made me feel like I was the most beautiful, special, sexy, hot, sweet, delicious woman in the whole world. I was scrubbed, rubbed and loved.

I’m going to leave out the steamy details of scrubbed, rubbed and loved. But suffice it to say, it was the planning, along with the execution, of course, that made me feel so incredible. It was so romantic and just so perfect. From the spa candles and massage oil to the right music and setting the scene. It was obvious that he enjoyed the planning part and that meant so much. Because let’s face it—men don’t really care about all staging or the props. Once dinner was over, it was all about me and better than I anticipated. (and I was anticipating!)

I know he’s going to kill me for this post, but I’ve been smiling from ear to ear since Saturday. And today’s Monday. And that’s a long time. After fourteen years together, I can’t stop gushing about how lucky I am. It’s great to know that our marriage is still as thrilling as it was when it was new. Hope your V-Day was equally rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment