Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Philosophical Question about Blogging

I’ve been questioned quite a bit on why I’m blogging and what’s the point. I’m not sure I truly have the answer. But for now it’s a personal experiment, a creative outlet, a voice in the blogsphere. All I know is that I have these thoughts rattling around in my head; and finally, I wanted a forum to share them with a larger audience. This is the stuff I usually save to entertain my girlfriends.

Jackie and I can pour a glass of Chard after the we put the kids to bed, throw some cheese and crackers on a plate, turn on the tunes, pull up a chair at the patio table, light a candle, and instantly create our own happy hour. About halfway through the bottle, Jackie shoulders begin to ease down from her ears. The weekday stresses start to melt away. She releases an audible sigh. She's finally relaxed. Wine does that to her.

On the flip side, there's me. I get fired up. The blood flows and my muscles get warm.
Synapses begin to fire and the gears spin. My mind starts to process a thousand thoughts at once. I can go in two directions now. One is tear off on a tangent about some idea I've been tossing around. Or I can zero in on Jackie, and begin to question her about some random topic until I have her squirming in her chair, begging me to leave her alone and stop making her answer so many questions!

If you're my friend, I know you're laughing right now. Loudly and you should be. I know you've been victim to the entertainment factor of my tirades. Now, I just want to try it to a broader audience, and just maybe have a dialog about it.

At least blogging is something to do until I can write that children's story and make millions like my mother has been bugging me to do. Anyone have a idea about a plot?

No comments:

Post a Comment